Estimated Reading Time: <1
Once again we welcome you to this press conference, as you all know that the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) is the umbrella body of all Nigerian Youth saddled with the responsibility of protecting the interest of Nigerian Youth at all time.
The sad incidence of deaths that accompanied the recruitment exercise of the Nigeria Immigration Service calls for a sincere condemnation devoid of any Politicization. About 20 young people lost their lives while over 50 young Nigerians were still in critical condition. The Minister of Interior and CG of NIS under whose supervision this uncivilized & unwarranted madness took place should have resigned by now or be shown the way out by President Goodluck Jonathan. It was recalled that almost 1,000,000 applicants paid N1000 each as application fees through an agent defrauding these unemployed youth of almost a Billion Naira.
Our demands within the next 72 hours
1. Mr. President should immediately investigate the callous and inhuman treatment meted on Nigerian Youths yesterday.
2. Immediate sack of the Comptroller General of Immigration Mr. David Parradang whose supervision this uncivilized & unwarranted madness took place.
3. Full compensation to the families of the dead jobseekers. The government should also take responsibility of the medical bills of all those recuperating in hospitals.
4. Public apology by the Minister of Interior to the young people for allowing this inhumane treatment and assault on them under his leadership.
Thank you and God bless you all.
Comrade Wale Ajani
- Foreign affairs minister, Geoffrey Onyeama recovers from COVID-19
- Osun-Osogbo festival 2020 has been cancelled
- Former Abia Governor, Theodore Orji denies ownership of properties investigated by EFCC
- FIRS, NIPOST fight ‘unnecessary and unhelpful’ says FIRS boss as Reps intervene
- DSS invites Obadiah Mailafia for alleging that Governors are sponsoring Boko Haram
- Protesters in Mali are demanding the President’s resignation
- Nigeria is expecting arms shipment from US, China, Jordan says Buhari
- Ondo Election: Sanwo-Olu heads APC campaign committee
- Insurgency: NAF to establish Base, deploy air assets in Gombe
- The Empire Strikes Back: Indian Workers Insist Glo is Doing Everything to Avoid Paying Them