Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Directorate of Employment, says it trained 1,540 persons in different vocational skills in Edo in 2013.
The Edo Coordinator, Ms Ayo Edegbai, stated this in Benin, in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria.
Edegbai said that 300 of the beneficiaries, selected from each of the three senatorial districts, were trained under the National Open Apprentice Scheme.
She said that 50 vulnerable women were trained in soap making, catering services, hair dressing, fashion making and event management.
She said that 316 youths were also trained in computer appreciation, fashion making, catering services and Information and Communication Technologies, in collaboration with the Edo Youth Skills Training Centre.
“The directorate, in collaboration with Hon. Peter Akpatason of the House of Representatives, trained 100 youths in 12 different vocations in Akoko- Edo LGA of the state during the period,” she said.
Edegbai also that the directorate, in partnership with the Industrial Training Fund, trained 674 persons for two months in pastry and computer appreciation.
The coordinator said that the training was carried out in Edo South and Edo Central senatorial districts.
She also said that 100 persons in Edo North senatorial district were trained in mobile phone repairs, hair dressing/barbing, aluminum welding, roofing, cosmetology and tiling.
Edegbai said that the training lasted for three months.
- Udo Jude Ilo: Making the best of the Public Anger on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Edo Elections: PDP picks Nyesom Wike as campaign chairman
- Governor Abdulrazaq reshuffles cabinet
- LASG announces partial reopening of schools
- Kogi Governor appoints acting Chief Judge
- Bauchi Governor suspends Emir of Misau
- APC plans to use Ganduje, Yahyah Bello and Uzodinma to derail Edo election – PDP
- Stamp duty will now be paid on house rent and C of O – FIRS
- No differences to sort out in APC, says Tinubu
- EFCC arraigns Malabu Oil, six others over $1 billion fraud