Estimated Reading Time: <1
Sequel to yesterday’s immigration recruitment stampede which led to the loss of lives, Nigeria’s leading opposition party; the All Progressives Congress (APC) today (Sunday) called an investigation into the death of job seekers at venues of the recruitment exercise.
In a statement in Lagos, the APC interim National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed blamed the incident on the unemployment problem in Nigeria. The statement calls for the questioning of the interior ministry over the exams arranged in thirty-seven venues across the country.
“Is it true that the minister directly presided over the recruitment?
“Why was such an arrangement made for the test when so many people were invited?
“Could the test not have been done in batches to avoid a stampede?’’
These were some of the questions the APC through its statements want answered. The party also wants the Interior Minister, Abba Moro to bear the consequences of the unfortunate incident.
- We must renounce our tribal identities; I’m Nigerian NOT Igbo
- 13-year-old girl drugged and gang-raped in Kaduna
- World Environment Day: environmentalists stress the importance of nature to humans
- Family of Uwaila Umozuwa, 22-year-old raped and murdered allege death threats
- Court reaffirms INEC powers to deregister political parties
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture