Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has said it is extremely grieved by the death of young Nigerians during a stampede at the recruitment exercise conducted by the Nigeria Immigration Service at the National Stadium, Abuja on Saturday.
The PDP in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh on Saturday said it was “shocked and deeply saddened by the news of the untimely death of the young citizens who were at the exercise not only to secure jobs but to be allowed the opportunity to contribute towards the development of the nation.”
The party said it was “unfortunate and disheartening that the victims paid the supreme price while trying to be more useful to the nation.”
While commiserating with the families of the deceased, the ruling party prayed for the speedy recovery of the wounded and charged the Ministry of Interior and all relevant agencies of government to immediately swing into action to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the stampede.
The PDP also charged all government agencies and parastatals, as well as all its elected and appointed officials at all levels to redouble their efforts in curbing unemployment in line with President Goodluck Jonathan’s Transformation Agenda and the PDP manifesto.
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country