Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor of Benue state, Gabriel Suswam had a near-death experience few days ago. His convoy had run into an ambush by suspected Fulani mercenaries at Tse-Akanyi. His village at Anyii was also also sacked by the suspected Fulani mercenaries who also slaughtered over a score of people.
The Governor was in shock yesterday upon realization that his village had been deserted as a result of the recent event. Gabriel Suswam had led to the who the Benue State Police Commissioner, Mr. Adams Audu, a team of Police officers and a team of journalists to assess his village and neigbouring communities.
Inhabitants of the 29 villages from Anyii (Suswam’s ancestral home) to Ayilamo and covers about 25 kilometers had fled and everywhere appeared deserted.
The Governor addressed the displaced people who had come out of hiding when he visited. He asked them to be security concious and promised them that the state government was liaising with the Federal Government to end the crisis.
Governor Suswam also promised to set up camps which will cater for the Internally Displaced Person, IDPs, in affected areas.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems