Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Governor of Benue state, Gabriel Suswam had a near-death experience few days ago. His convoy had run into an ambush by suspected Fulani mercenaries at Tse-Akanyi. His village at Anyii was also also sacked by the suspected Fulani mercenaries who also slaughtered over a score of people.
The Governor was in shock yesterday upon realization that his village had been deserted as a result of the recent event. Gabriel Suswam had led to the who the Benue State Police Commissioner, Mr. Adams Audu, a team of Police officers and a team of journalists to assess his village and neigbouring communities.
Inhabitants of the 29 villages from Anyii (Suswam’s ancestral home) to Ayilamo and covers about 25 kilometers had fled and everywhere appeared deserted.
The Governor addressed the displaced people who had come out of hiding when he visited. He asked them to be security concious and promised them that the state government was liaising with the Federal Government to end the crisis.
Governor Suswam also promised to set up camps which will cater for the Internally Displaced Person, IDPs, in affected areas.
- Nigerian Govt increase the fine for hate speech from N500,000 to 5 million naira
- “We want a free and fair election” – Governor Wike wants INEC to be apolitical in Edo State
- Breaking: Kwara deputy governor and wife test positive for COVID-19
- Buhari orders Niger Delta Development Commission to pay its scholarship beneficiaries studying abroad
- Hamzat Lawal listed as a Global Malala Fund Education Champion
- Former AGF, Mohammed Adoke pleads not guilty to money laundering charges
- $500 Million loan: China has no plan to take over Nigeria’s sovereignty – Chinese Government
- NIPOST, FIRS in inter-agency tweetfight over Stamp Duties
- We did not spend N13 billion on school feeding programme – Sadiya Umar Farouq
- State commissioner allegedly assaulted in Cross River over sharing of palliatives