Estimated Reading Time: <1
EbonyLife TV hosted a Media and VIP cocktail event at Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos to premiere two new productions – New Horizon and Married to the game on March 7, 2014.
New Horizons is a powerfully emotional and pulsating flick that spotlights the plight of women across Africa who have to bear the pains of domestic abuse, a crime far too familiar but rarely spoken about.
Starring Nollywood’s hottest Divas, Funke Akindele, Rita Dominic, Kate Henshaw-Nuttal and Uche Jombo, New Horizons is the story of triumph over abuse of these four women from different walks of life who meet together within a self help group for women. They help each other get over and through their various challenges and arrive at a new horizon in their individual lives.
Executive Chairman and CEO of EbonyLife TV, Mo Abudu said
“I feel a huge sense of accomplishment at the premiere of New Horizons. As the world celebrates World Women’s Day tomorrow, March 8, we dedicate the short movie to all the women of Nigeria, Africa and the world at large who may be going through this terrible scourge. We are happy to put this dark subject on the table for discussion so that there can be hope for many. For us, it may be the premiere of the movie; but for all women of Africa, it may just be the beginning of a new era; an era of self-discovery, awareness, belief, hope and confidence.”
Guests at the premiere event included Tosyn Buknor, Ebuka Obi- Uchendu, Alex Ekubo, Oreka Godis, Noble Igwe, Yemi Alade, Ikechukwu, Adams Ibrahim, Zainab Balogun, Olisa Adibua, Lanre Olushola, and many more.
Married to the Game (MTTG), a suspense-filled, cutting edge drama thriller was also premiered at the event; starring Alex Ekubo and Leonora Okine as lead characters. The series was produced by EbonyLife TV and directed by Walter “Waltbanger” Taylor winner of AMVCA Best Short Film 2014.
Walter “Waltbanger” Taylaur said “Married to the Game is a roller coaster ride of a drama series; distinct in its blend of a cleverly crafted script, visually engaging cinematography and exceptional acting performances. It brings to African audiences a fresh and cutting edge approach to television viewing.”
The series tells a story of newlyweds Vincent and Gloria Coker who are headed toward a blissful future together. Gloria (Leonora Okine) marries Doctor Vincent (Alex Ekubo) in a bid to appease her father, who is unhappy because of her total lack of interest in becoming a doctor and inheriting his hospital. The tale, however, takes a new twist when the couple runs over a stranger after their wedding reception.
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel
- COVID-19: Analysts say Nigeria lost N11.6 Trillion to pandemic
- The new Service Chiefs should not politicise security by aligning with politicians – says Governor Wike
- A female police officer in Ekiti has been sacked for getting pregnant while unmarried
- CBN to restructure commodity exchange, retains interest rate at 11.5%