Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated Tuesday appointed Mr. Albert Essien as the Group Chief Executive Officer of the bank with immediate effect.
Essien was before now, the bank’s Deputy CEO/ Group Executive Director for Corporate and Investment.
Mr. Essien replaces Mr. Thierry Tanoh as the CEO of the bank following a protracted leadership battle concerning the ,financial management of the institution.
At the Bank’s meeting in Lome, Togo, on Tuesday. The Bank announced the departure of Tanoh from the bank with immediate effect. It also stated in a statement on that the outgoing CEO would no longer be a Director of ETI.
The statement said Essien had been at Ecobank for over 20 years, rising to the position of Deputy Group CEO in 2012.
It stated, “Prior to becoming Deputy CEO, Essien was the Regional Head for the Anglophone West Africa (excluding Nigeria) and Eastern and Southern Africa regions. He started his banking career in 1986 with the National Investment Bank in Accra, Ghana and joined the Corporate Banking Department of Ecobank Ghana in 1990. In 1997, he became Country Risk Manager.
- Schools are not ready to be reopened- Minister Of State For Education
- FG should provide bailout for aviation sector – AMCON
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”