Estimated Reading Time: <1
Ecobank Transnational Incorporated Tuesday appointed Mr. Albert Essien as the Group Chief Executive Officer of the bank with immediate effect.
Essien was before now, the bank’s Deputy CEO/ Group Executive Director for Corporate and Investment.
Mr. Essien replaces Mr. Thierry Tanoh as the CEO of the bank following a protracted leadership battle concerning the ,financial management of the institution.
At the Bank’s meeting in Lome, Togo, on Tuesday. The Bank announced the departure of Tanoh from the bank with immediate effect. It also stated in a statement on that the outgoing CEO would no longer be a Director of ETI.
The statement said Essien had been at Ecobank for over 20 years, rising to the position of Deputy Group CEO in 2012.
It stated, “Prior to becoming Deputy CEO, Essien was the Regional Head for the Anglophone West Africa (excluding Nigeria) and Eastern and Southern Africa regions. He started his banking career in 1986 with the National Investment Bank in Accra, Ghana and joined the Corporate Banking Department of Ecobank Ghana in 1990. In 1997, he became Country Risk Manager.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer