Estimated Reading Time: <1
The recently appointed Minister of State for Power, Hon Mohammed Wakil has described the ongoing progress so far attained in the Nigerian power sector as unprecedented and unrivaled in Nigerian history.
Speaking while resuming work at the ministry’s headquarters yesterday in Abuja,the Minister said “the quantum of investment and turn around in the generation,transmission and distribution sections of the power sector attest to the determination of Mr President to break the jinx and provide sustainable electricity supply to Nigerians.
“I know a lot of work has been done and I promise to key into the agenda as a team player to drive better understanding by Nigerians of many landmark progress in the power sector” ,he promised.
Receiving the minister of State, the minister of power,Prof Chinedu Nebo said “it is the will of God that Hon Mohammed Wakil was posted to the ministry of power, describing the work in the ministry as difficult and requiring youthful energy the new minister will provide .
Explaining the transformation work as making history in the power sector, the Wakil said with the team now complete, Nigeria will soon be celebrating the success of the power sector.
“Just know that anytime they took light ,they will think of Wakil.You will also be our striker at the National Assembly anytime we are been tackled .I also assure you that we are team player . I believe in team work.
Also speaking,the Permanent Secretary, Dr Godsknow Igali called on the minister of state to inject youthful energy into the power sector for more action and results even as he commend the leadership qualities of the new minister.
“I can attest to your track records which you will bring to bear in delivering Mr President’s agenda and roadmap in the power sector”, he said.
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court