Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Police in Plateau said nine persons were killed on Tuesday night attack on Angwan-Waran in Riyom Local Government of the State.
Mr Chris Olakpe, the Commissioner of Police in Plateau, in Jos on Wednesday said that the attackers had fled the area before the arrival of security agents.
He said the police and other personnel of the Special Task Force (STF) maintaining the peace in Plateau, had stepped in and restored normalcy to the area.
“To check against recurrence, the police and the STF have deployed a team of security personnel to the village, while efforts are on to apprehend the attackers’’, he added.
The commissioner advised members of the public to help security agencies with any piece of information that could lead to the arrest of the attackers.
STF Media Officer, Capt. Salisu Mustapha, who also confirmed the attack, said the invaders also burnt down houses in the village before escaping.
He, however, did not give the number of houses burnt.
Mustapha said the STF had arrested three persons found with arms and ammunition suspected to have been used for the attack.
“We are interrogating the suspects’’, he said
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court