Estimated Reading Time: <1
The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates is back at the top of the world’s richest persons list, Forbes magazine’s annual ranking of global billionaires has revealed.
Bill Gates’ total net worth was estimated at $76bn (£45.5bn) this year, improvement from $67bn in 2013.
Mexican telecoms tycoon Carlos Slim who was at the top is now second on the ranking.
Forbes revealed that there are 1,645 billionaires.
To make it into the top 20 ranking now, a billionaire has to have about $31bn against last year’s $23bn.
For the last 20 years, Bill Gates has been on top of the list an amazing 15 times.
The biggest gainer in net worth is Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg as his worth doubled to $28.5bn as a result of an increase in the price of the social network’s shares.
Chief operating officer of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg made the list for the first time.
The founders of WhatsApp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton are at positions 202 and 551 respectively, this is as a result of the $19bn Facebook paid for the purchase of the messaging app.
- Governor Wike signs executive order proscribing IPOB in Rivers
- Fact Check: Reno Omokri’s claim on Nigeria’s foreign debt is false
- How the CDD Election Analysis Center work to foster democracy in Nigeria
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013