Estimated Reading Time: <1
The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates is back at the top of the world’s richest persons list, Forbes magazine’s annual ranking of global billionaires has revealed.
Bill Gates’ total net worth was estimated at $76bn (£45.5bn) this year, improvement from $67bn in 2013.
Mexican telecoms tycoon Carlos Slim who was at the top is now second on the ranking.
Forbes revealed that there are 1,645 billionaires.
To make it into the top 20 ranking now, a billionaire has to have about $31bn against last year’s $23bn.
For the last 20 years, Bill Gates has been on top of the list an amazing 15 times.
The biggest gainer in net worth is Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg as his worth doubled to $28.5bn as a result of an increase in the price of the social network’s shares.
Chief operating officer of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg made the list for the first time.
The founders of WhatsApp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton are at positions 202 and 551 respectively, this is as a result of the $19bn Facebook paid for the purchase of the messaging app.
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor