Estimated Reading Time: <1
The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates is back at the top of the world’s richest persons list, Forbes magazine’s annual ranking of global billionaires has revealed.
Bill Gates’ total net worth was estimated at $76bn (£45.5bn) this year, improvement from $67bn in 2013.
Mexican telecoms tycoon Carlos Slim who was at the top is now second on the ranking.
Forbes revealed that there are 1,645 billionaires.
To make it into the top 20 ranking now, a billionaire has to have about $31bn against last year’s $23bn.
For the last 20 years, Bill Gates has been on top of the list an amazing 15 times.
The biggest gainer in net worth is Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg as his worth doubled to $28.5bn as a result of an increase in the price of the social network’s shares.
Chief operating officer of Facebook, Sheryl Sandberg made the list for the first time.
The founders of WhatsApp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton are at positions 202 and 551 respectively, this is as a result of the $19bn Facebook paid for the purchase of the messaging app.
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son