Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Judicial Council has suspended two high court judges over gross misconduct. The suspension takes immediate effect. The suspended judges are: Justice U. A. Inyang of High Court of Justice of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja and Justice G.K. Olotu of the Federal High Court.
The assistant information director at the National Judicial Council, Soji Oye in a statement yesterday also revealed that the suspended judges have also been recommended for compulsory retirement to President Jonathan. He said the decision to suspended the judges was reached at a meeting yesterday.
The apex regulatory judicial body also issued warning letters over misconducts to the former Acting President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Dalhatu Adamu and the Presiding Justice of Court of Appeal Kaduna Division, Justice A. A. Adeleye of High Court of Justice, Ekiti State. Justice D. O. Amaechina of High Court of Justice, Anambra State also got a warning letter.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer