Estimated Reading Time: <1
The burial of the former Minister of Works and Housing and aide to Vice President Namadi Sambo on Special Duties, Senator Isaiah Balat, has been scheduled for Thursday (27-01-14).
This was made known to newsmen by the Chairman of the burial planning committee and former Kaduna State commissioner of finance, Dr John Ayuba. Balat will be laid to rest at his hometown, Bafai Gora, in Zango Kataf local government area of Kaduna State.
Dr Ayuba revealed there will be a lying-in-state for the former senator, who passed away Tuesday afternoon at his Kaduna residence along Gora Close in Ungwan Rimi, GRA. The deceased passed on after a brief illness at the National Hospital, Abuja,
“The burial of Sen. Isaiah Balat would hold on Thursday, February 27, by 10am, and this will be done after the wake-keep at his Kaduna residence at 4pm on Wednesday, the 26th”.
- Rochas Okorocha says he only honoured EFCC Invitation and not arrested
- EFCC arrests Senator Rochas Okorocha
- #EndSARS: Nigerians react as Canada rejects asylum application of ex-SARS officer
- How Nigerian lawyer, Adaeze Ikpema was allegedly murdered by her husband
- Justice Aisha Bashir-Aliyu becomes Nassarawa’s first female chief Judge
- Police Inspector Fatally Injured While Repelling Multiple Kidnap Attacks in Abuja
- Insecurity: Nurses In Ogun State declare strike until ‘safety is guaranteed’
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems