Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has approved the appointment of Mr. Farouk A. Ahmed as Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) with immediate effect.
Mr. Ahmed will take over from the incumbent Executive Secretary, Mr. Reginald C. Stanley who is retiring after 35 years in service.
The incoming Executive Secretary, who hails from Sokoto State, is the current Managing Director of Nidas Marine Ltd., a subsidiary of the NNPC.
He comes to his new job at the PPPRA with over 28 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry and a sound commercial and trading background having held senior positions in the downstream sector of the oil and gas industry including Manager, Crude Oil Programming, Nominations, and Shipping and Terminals.
Mr. Ahmed has also served as Executive Director (Commercial), Pipelines and Products Marketing Company Limited (PPMC).
President Jonathan thanks the outgoing Executive Secretary of the PPPRA, Mr. Stanley for his meritorious service to the nation and wishes him well in his future endeavours.
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
February 20, 2014
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds
- NCDC receives 50,000 medical face masks from Taiwan
- Nigeria confirms 387 new Coronavirus cases, totalling 9,302