Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, has said available records shows that the Federal Government spent over N1tr on kerosene subsidy between 2010 and 2013.
Speaker Tambuwal said the product was not sold in any part of the country at the subsidized price of N50 per litre and the expenditure was not approved by the National Assembly.
Tambuwal was speaking in Abuja at the opening of investigation into subsidy payments by the House Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream).
More details to follow…
- Edo election marred by votes buying – Observer group, CDD alleges #EdoDecides2020
- “The people of Edo state have spoken loud and clear” – PDP alleges plot by APC to replace election results in Edo North #EdoDecides2020
- “People of Edo, you’ve done well” – Peter Obi tells Edo Voters to remain vigilant #EdoDecides2020
- President Buhari sympathises with Ebonyi State following Akaeze-Ukwu River tragedy
- “We must not lose our guards” – Atiku Abubakar tells Edo voters #EdoDecides2020
- Bukola Saraki, former senate president, has asked voters in Edo state to protect their votes
- APC candidate Ize-Iyamu wins polling unit #EdoDecides2020
- Governor Godwin Obaseki wins polling unit, defeated APC in Oyegun’s polling unit
- Ibadan polytechnic fires lecturer – here’s why
- “Godwin Obaseki, led thugs pretending to be his supporters” – APC says the PDP instigating violence #EdoDecides2020