Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria’s Football national team, Super Eagles will launch their new 2014 World Cup jersey when they play Mexico in an International friendly on March 5 in Atlanta. Kit suppliers, Adidas revealed the new design on Friday.
According to the sportswear giants, the new home kit “departs from the traditional racing green to an exciting and striking lighter variant, reflecting a fresh, young and vibrant Super Eagles team that carries the hopes of a proud Nigerian nation”.
The brighter, colourful mood of the home jersey also adds a festive and optimistic Brazilian flavour. The most notable design detail on the jersey is the addition of a bridge-like band set across the shoulders, which enhances the jersey’s iconic look with additional detail.
“We are very proud to once again partner with adidas to produce a home jersey that reflects youth, spontaneity and freshness. It will not only appeal to the Super Eagles but their fans across the globe. We are delighted with the design as it reflects innovation yet incorporating an element of fun,” the NFF president, Aminu Maigari revealed.
“We are happy though that while the jersey has a new look, it’s green side panels tie the new kit to its’ historic darker green tradition.”
The away jersey’s bold, provocative and unexpected use of red The away jersey’s bold, provocative and unexpected use of red names in the name and number treatment, brings an element of aggression to the white jersey. The red is a direct reflection of the colour bordering the Super Eagles’ crest.
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai
- DPR revokes 32 private refinery licences
- Father, son killed as bandits attack Kaduna community
- Buhari welcomes Ramadan, urges Nigerians to reject divisive voices
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t