Estimated Reading Time: <1
Pope Francis, on Friday, celebrated St. Valentine’s Day by hosting an audience of more than 20,000 engaged couples and urged them to respect the sanctity of marriage and resist the temptation for divorce.
He told the couples, gathered at St. Peter’s Square that “today, many people are afraid of making definitive choices.
“For their entire life, it seems impossible. This mentality leads many to say, ‘we will stay together so long as love lasts.’’’
He also urged the couples not to only rely on fleeting sentiments “but on the rock of true love, the love that comes from God.
“The love of God is stable and everlasting, so we want such love to be the foundation of every family.
“Staying together and knowing how to love one another forever is the challenge for Christian spouses.’’
Francis also made a similar point in a Twitter message when he said “dear young people, don’t be afraid to marry. A faithful marriage will bring you happiness.’’
In his audience, Francis also repeated his advice for a happy family life as he emphasised the use of “thank you” and “sorry” between couples.
He urged couples not to worry too much about banquets, photographs, dresses and flowers.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike