Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Lebanese referee, Ali Sabbagh who agreed to fix a football match for a betting syndicate in April 2013 in return for sex as bribe has now been handed a lifetime by the World governing body of football, FIFA.
The 34 years old referee had already been jailed for six months and had been banned from refereeing and appearing at Stadiums
In this new twist, his assistants; Ali Eid and Abdallah Taleb have also been banned by FIFA but for 10 years.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability