Estimated Reading Time: <1
Borussia Monchengladbach striker, Luuk de Jong is off to Newcastle for a medical and is expected to join the English Premier League club on an initial loan deal.
The Netherlands international joined the German side for a reported £12.6m two years ago after scoring 45 goals in 86 games for FC Twente.
But the 23-year-old has found the net just six times in the Bundesliga.
“The striker is currently on his way to Newcastle for medical checks,” his club confirmed on Twitter.
De Jong could make his debut in Newcastle’s derby against Sunderland on Saturday.
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer