Estimated Reading Time: <1
Borussia Monchengladbach striker, Luuk de Jong is off to Newcastle for a medical and is expected to join the English Premier League club on an initial loan deal.
The Netherlands international joined the German side for a reported £12.6m two years ago after scoring 45 goals in 86 games for FC Twente.
But the 23-year-old has found the net just six times in the Bundesliga.
“The striker is currently on his way to Newcastle for medical checks,” his club confirmed on Twitter.
De Jong could make his debut in Newcastle’s derby against Sunderland on Saturday.
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government