Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Ekiti State governor, Kayode Fayemi, has said he is seeking re-election as the Executive Governor of the state.
Following the release of the election timetable by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, governor Fayemi named a current member of House of Representatives, Hon. Bimbo Daramola as the team leader and Director -General of his campaign organisation.
In a statement signed in Ado Ekiti, Sunday. Fayemi stated “You have made the calls, and today I have opted to act in deference to those sacred calls by throwing my hat into the ring for a free and fair contest for the exalted office for a second term.”
He said following the ground swell of support by leaders and members of the APC, and the generality of Ekiti people from the nooks and crannies of Ekiti State and in the Diaspora, it is with a profound sense of gratitude and responsibility that he accepts the calls by the people to seek re-election for a second term in office.
INEC, has declared June 21, this year as gubernatorial election date, while that of Osun State will hold in August.
- “APC Is Irresponsible, Reckless” – PDP kicks against ruling party linking members to fraudstar Hushpuppi
- Just In: Benue State University DVC dies of Covid-19
- Just In: Boat mishap in Benue River, Scores killed
- Former GM of LASIMRA, Jide Odekunle is dead
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid