Estimated Reading Time: <1
In the last days of the transfer window, Manchester United are said to be considering making a bid for Yohan Cabaye, who is valued at £25m by Newcastle United.
The choice of the 28-year-old France international would help United’s push for a Champions League place.
It is felt inside Old Trafford, that David Moyes’s priority is to strengthen his midfield and though Cabaye is not considered by the United manager to be in the very highest bracket of players.
THE GUARDIAN UK reports that while United would price Cabaye at less than £25m, the club’s hierachy recognise that a premium will have to be paid to attract players, as was shown by their willingness to spend £37.1m on Juan Mata.
PSG currently value Cabaye at around £17m, while Arsenal had what Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, described as a “derisory” £10.2m offer rejected for the Frenchman last summer. Arsène Wenger, though, remains interested in taking him to the club.
Moyes also retains an interest in the Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos, and attended the German champion’s game against Borussia Monchengladbach, where he was spotted speaking with Kroos’s agent Sascha Breese, over the weekend.
Kroos’s contract expires at the end of next season and it is thought he would cost around £20-25m. Mario Mandzukic, the Bayern striker, is also being monitored by Moyes.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists