Estimated Reading Time: <1
In the last days of the transfer window, Manchester United are said to be considering making a bid for Yohan Cabaye, who is valued at £25m by Newcastle United.
The choice of the 28-year-old France international would help United’s push for a Champions League place.
It is felt inside Old Trafford, that David Moyes’s priority is to strengthen his midfield and though Cabaye is not considered by the United manager to be in the very highest bracket of players.
THE GUARDIAN UK reports that while United would price Cabaye at less than £25m, the club’s hierachy recognise that a premium will have to be paid to attract players, as was shown by their willingness to spend £37.1m on Juan Mata.
PSG currently value Cabaye at around £17m, while Arsenal had what Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, described as a “derisory” £10.2m offer rejected for the Frenchman last summer. Arsène Wenger, though, remains interested in taking him to the club.
Moyes also retains an interest in the Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos, and attended the German champion’s game against Borussia Monchengladbach, where he was spotted speaking with Kroos’s agent Sascha Breese, over the weekend.
Kroos’s contract expires at the end of next season and it is thought he would cost around £20-25m. Mario Mandzukic, the Bayern striker, is also being monitored by Moyes.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis