Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has announced that the Presidential and National Assembly elections will hold on February 14, 2015.
The commission in a statement6 also fixed governorship and State Assembly elections for February 28, 2015.
For Ekiti and Osun states that had their 2007 governorship elections annulled by the courts and the tenure of the incumbent governors commenced almost four years ago.
The commission slated the governorship elections for June 21 and August 9, 2014 respectively.
The commission’s statement signed by its Secretary, Augusta Ogakwu, said the release of the time table was the outcome of a retreat in Kaduna.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists