Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has announced that the Presidential and National Assembly elections will hold on February 14, 2015.
The commission in a statement6 also fixed governorship and State Assembly elections for February 28, 2015.
For Ekiti and Osun states that had their 2007 governorship elections annulled by the courts and the tenure of the incumbent governors commenced almost four years ago.
The commission slated the governorship elections for June 21 and August 9, 2014 respectively.
The commission’s statement signed by its Secretary, Augusta Ogakwu, said the release of the time table was the outcome of a retreat in Kaduna.
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help