Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has announced that the Presidential and National Assembly elections will hold on February 14, 2015.
The commission in a statement6 also fixed governorship and State Assembly elections for February 28, 2015.
For Ekiti and Osun states that had their 2007 governorship elections annulled by the courts and the tenure of the incumbent governors commenced almost four years ago.
The commission slated the governorship elections for June 21 and August 9, 2014 respectively.
The commission’s statement signed by its Secretary, Augusta Ogakwu, said the release of the time table was the outcome of a retreat in Kaduna.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami