Estimated Reading Time: <1
The service had on Thursday summoned the stalwart of the All Progressives Congress to appear at its headquarters today for saying there would be violence in the 2015 elections and that “the only way to take power is by force.”
El-rufai who is also the Interim Deputy National Secretary of the party was said to have made provocative statement on the 2015 elections.
The son to the former Minister and Chieftain of an opposition political party tweeted that the armed security personnel, were at the former Minister’s residence in a Hilux Toyota vehicle.
Bello El-rufai added that the operatives were unable to gain access as El-Rufai’s security men prevented them from entering the compound.
The security operatives, who were frustrated by the guard’s action, threatened to arrest them.
Bello El-Rufai, the former minister’s son announced the visit of the SSS officers on twitter via his twitter handle @B_ELRUFAI.
He tweeted “The SSS just came to our house to “arrest” Mallam.”
His second tweet read, “They threatened to force their way through the gate when they came back. You don’t need to force your way if you have an arrest warrant.”
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO