Estimated Reading Time: <1
The service had on Thursday summoned the stalwart of the All Progressives Congress to appear at its headquarters today for saying there would be violence in the 2015 elections and that “the only way to take power is by force.”
El-rufai who is also the Interim Deputy National Secretary of the party was said to have made provocative statement on the 2015 elections.
The son to the former Minister and Chieftain of an opposition political party tweeted that the armed security personnel, were at the former Minister’s residence in a Hilux Toyota vehicle.
Bello El-rufai added that the operatives were unable to gain access as El-Rufai’s security men prevented them from entering the compound.
The security operatives, who were frustrated by the guard’s action, threatened to arrest them.
Bello El-Rufai, the former minister’s son announced the visit of the SSS officers on twitter via his twitter handle @B_ELRUFAI.
He tweeted “The SSS just came to our house to “arrest” Mallam.”
His second tweet read, “They threatened to force their way through the gate when they came back. You don’t need to force your way if you have an arrest warrant.”
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer