Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria First-lady, Dame Patience Faka Jonathan has congratulated the Mayor of Bangui, Madame Catherine Samba-Panza, as the new interim president of the Central African Republic (CAR). She welcomed the election of Samba-Panza through a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
Dr Mrs Patience Jonathan who is also the President of the African First Ladies Peace Mission stated that the election of Samba-Panza as the first female leader of Central African Republic (CAR) offers renewed hope in bringing about reconciliation in that country.
Nigeria’s first lady in the statement released by her media aide, Mrs A.O Adesugba also noted that Samba-Panza, who has made her mark as a successful corporate lawyer and business woman will use her leadership qualities to bring peace to the CAR.
Mrs Jonathan wished Madame Catherine Samba-Panza, the very best as CAR’s interim president.
- Tax debt payments have been extended to August 31 – FIRS
- Kogi swears in new Chief Judge
- NewsWireNGR Journalist, Nelly Kalu, accepted into Dubawa Fact-Checking Fellowship
- NBC Code Amendment: The New Frontier in Nigeria’s War on the Economy
- Ibrahim Magu spent his second night in police custody as DSS Operatives ransacked his homes
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt