Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria First-lady, Dame Patience Faka Jonathan has congratulated the Mayor of Bangui, Madame Catherine Samba-Panza, as the new interim president of the Central African Republic (CAR). She welcomed the election of Samba-Panza through a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
Dr Mrs Patience Jonathan who is also the President of the African First Ladies Peace Mission stated that the election of Samba-Panza as the first female leader of Central African Republic (CAR) offers renewed hope in bringing about reconciliation in that country.
Nigeria’s first lady in the statement released by her media aide, Mrs A.O Adesugba also noted that Samba-Panza, who has made her mark as a successful corporate lawyer and business woman will use her leadership qualities to bring peace to the CAR.
Mrs Jonathan wished Madame Catherine Samba-Panza, the very best as CAR’s interim president.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report