Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria First-lady, Dame Patience Faka Jonathan has congratulated the Mayor of Bangui, Madame Catherine Samba-Panza, as the new interim president of the Central African Republic (CAR). She welcomed the election of Samba-Panza through a statement in Abuja on Tuesday.
Dr Mrs Patience Jonathan who is also the President of the African First Ladies Peace Mission stated that the election of Samba-Panza as the first female leader of Central African Republic (CAR) offers renewed hope in bringing about reconciliation in that country.
Nigeria’s first lady in the statement released by her media aide, Mrs A.O Adesugba also noted that Samba-Panza, who has made her mark as a successful corporate lawyer and business woman will use her leadership qualities to bring peace to the CAR.
Mrs Jonathan wished Madame Catherine Samba-Panza, the very best as CAR’s interim president.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students