Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigeria Army School of Infantry, Kachia, Kaduna State, on Tuesday said it trained 114 soldiers on counter terrorism as part of efforts to strengthen the fight against terrorism.
The participants, drawn from 1, 2, 3 and 82 Divisions of the Nigerian Army, had a six-week training in the school.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah, said the training was organised to prepare the soldiers to efficiently handle the current security challenges in the country.
“The current security challenges facing the country, most especially in the North East Zone of the country, has made the training on weapons and vehicles imperative.”
Represented by the General Officer Commanding, 1 Division of the NigerianArmy, Kaduna, Maj.-Gen Garba Wahab, Minimah commended the soldiers for their level of discipline and proficiency.
He directed them to deploy their new knowledge “to counter terrorists acts in real battle and other emergency situations”.
Minimah also directed them “to react swiftly and efficiently” during counter terrorism operations.
“It is the desire of the Nigeria Army to make you better professionals in your respective fields. This can only be achieved through continuos training.”
In his speech, the Commandant of the school, Maj.-Gen. Tukur Buratai, said the participants had distinguished themselves during the training and expressed confidence in their ability to rise to any security challenge.
He appreciated the support of the Army high command, saying that the school would continue to discharge its role more effectively.
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students