Estimated Reading Time: <1
A Press statement from the Force Public Relations Officer, Force Headquarters, CSP Frank Mba has revealed that the Inspector-General of Police, IGP MD Abubakar, CFR, NPM, mni, psc, has released the promotion of two new Deputy Inspectors-General of Police and three Assistant Inspectors-General of Police.
This is sequel to the retirement of two Deputy Inspectors-General of Police who were formally pulled out of service in a colourful ceremony last Thursday.
Promoted to the rank of Deputy Inspector-General of Police are AIG Michael E. Zuokumor who until his promotion was AIG in charge of Zone 4, Makurdi, and AIG Jonathan Johnson who was formally in charge of Zone 6, Calabar. Also promoted to the rank of Assistant Inspector-General of Police are the following Commissioners of Police: CP Fana Abdullahi Salisu who was formerly the Force Quartermaster, CP Musa Abdulsalam Daura who was formerly at Kano Command, and CP Kakwe Christopher Katso who was formerly at Homicide, FCID Abuja
In his congratulatory message, the IGP enjoined the newly promoted senior officers to prove to the nation that they are worth their new rank, and called on them to see their present elevation as an invitation to greater responsibilities. While charging them to intensify the war against terrorism and other violent crimes in the land, the IGP expressed confidence that the newly promoted officers would bring to bear their professional competence, discipline and experience in their new assignment.
- No one has the right to expel any Nigerian from any part of the country – Arewa group dare Ondo Governor
- Just In: “We want justice for Seriki Fulani” – Miyetti Allah calls for Sunday Igboho’s arrest
- Afenifere wants ACF to “call their criminals to order” – warn that Yoruba would not want a repeat of the incident of 1966
- Miyetti Allah Cattle breeders association say kidnapping is a National problem
- Arewa Consultative Forum wants govt to act swiftly and stop the attacks on Fulani communities in the south west
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Buhari, now is time to speak to the Fulani youths
- Abia Governor dissolves state executive council
- Ignoring Governor Ayade’s instructions, CRUTECH insists on ‘no fee, no exams’
- American Legendary Talk-Show host; Larry King has died of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Kano Governor says closing down schools will be a ‘tragedy’