Estimated Reading Time: <1
The meeting came barely 24 hours after the resignation of the party’s National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur.
Tukur is from the North-East zone of the country where the party chairmanship seat is zoned by the ruling PDP.
The governors, who met with Jonathan, include Isa Yuguda, Bauchi; Ibrahim Dankwabo, Gombe; Acting Gov. Garba Umar, Taraba; and Bala Ngilari, Adamawa deputy governor.
Yuguda, who spoke to State House correspondents after the meeting, dismissed the assertion that the governors from the zone were not ready to accept any chairman that emerges from any of their states.
“Are we God? It is God that gives power. Supposing he gives somebody from my state, a PDP state, what will I do? I will follow him. Let us not go into that kind of imagination.
“It is just mere speculation. It’s just speculation. We just came to say hello to the president and wish him a good Friday.
“Well, on Monday is the day the NEC will decide who the chairman is going to be. So, let’s wait till Monday,’’ he said.
He, therefore, urged Nigerians to be patient till Monday when the new chairman would emerge.
On what kind of chairman the PDP needed in view of the crisis that accompanied Tukur’s tenure, Yuguda maintained that “no matter who is selected, there will always be crisis, but it is the ability to manage the crisis that matters.’’
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms
- Anambra first lady, Ebelechukwu Obiano gets moderna COVID-19 vaccine in America
- 2023: Nigerians should reward Tinubu with Presidency – House of Rep member
- Declare Dogara’s seat vacant; PDP asks court
- Buhari appoints DG for National Directorate of Employment
- Federal Government says COVID-19 tests are not required for returning students