Estimated Reading Time: <1
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is shopping for a new national chairman after the resignation of Bamanga Tukur was announced yesterday at the 63rd National Executive Council meeting of the party in Abuja
Those who have shown interest in occupying the position are: Prof. Rufai Alkali from Gombe State (former National Publicity Secretary of the party), Dr. Musa Babayo from Bauchi state (a former Acting National Secretary of the PDP) and Amb. Idris Waziri from Taraba state ( a former Minister of Commerce)
Speculations are rife that a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Ibrahim Bunu and the Minister of Transport, Sen. Idris Umar, who is are also in the race.
Party leader, President Jonathan had stated that the party would announce Tukur’s replacement on Monday when the NEC reconvenes.
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents
- PDP rejects former speaker Dogara, insists he is not part of the party