Estimated Reading Time: <1
The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is shopping for a new national chairman after the resignation of Bamanga Tukur was announced yesterday at the 63rd National Executive Council meeting of the party in Abuja
Those who have shown interest in occupying the position are: Prof. Rufai Alkali from Gombe State (former National Publicity Secretary of the party), Dr. Musa Babayo from Bauchi state (a former Acting National Secretary of the PDP) and Amb. Idris Waziri from Taraba state ( a former Minister of Commerce)
Speculations are rife that a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mr. Ibrahim Bunu and the Minister of Transport, Sen. Idris Umar, who is are also in the race.
Party leader, President Jonathan had stated that the party would announce Tukur’s replacement on Monday when the NEC reconvenes.
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health