Estimated Reading Time: <1
Under Islamic law, a homosexual can be sentenced to death by stoning.
However, the court said it took into account that the man committed the offence seven years ago, and had stopped the practise.
In Nigeria, homosexual acts are illegal under both Islamic and secular law.
The man was among 11 Muslims arrested last month for allegedly being homosexuals.
Content Credit: BBC
- NFF sets up Special COVID-19 task force
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local vaccine production
- A Traditional Ruler in Adamawa has been kidnapped
- Kano enforces COVID-19 restrictions; civil servants to stay home, viewing centres shut down
- Kaduna University will reopen January 25 – VC
- Over 15 million Nigerians abuse drugs – NDLEA new boss promises to end drug abuse
- Abuja resident hospitalised after IGP’s orderly fires AK-47 rifle in beer parlour
- Buba Marwa resumes office as NDLEA Chairman
- Invest in dispelling COVID-19 misinformation – Cross River Primary Healthcare DG urges FG
- Oyo PDP alleges APC is behind production of fake Amotekun uniforms