Estimated Reading Time: <1
Under Islamic law, a homosexual can be sentenced to death by stoning.
However, the court said it took into account that the man committed the offence seven years ago, and had stopped the practise.
In Nigeria, homosexual acts are illegal under both Islamic and secular law.
The man was among 11 Muslims arrested last month for allegedly being homosexuals.
Content Credit: BBC
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report