Estimated Reading Time: <1
News Reports have it that Ivorian and Galatasary FC of Turkey Striker, Didier Drogba has acquired a five per cent stake in the country’s largest gold mining company.
The Big Ivorian reportedly paid a whopping $74 million to acquire part of the state’s holding in the company.
This sale is in line with government’s plan to offload 10 per cent of its stake to private investors. The football star had gotten encouragement from his country’s Government to purchase the shares.
President Alassane Ouattara has congratulated Didier for acquiring the stake which is up to half of the shares set aside for local private investors.
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52
- German govt ignores Nigeria, picks Ghana to establish West African center for global health
- Cheta Nwanze: Security, civic space and the media
- DSS claims to have uncovered plans by IPOB to Bomb banks in South-East
- ‘Bandits are threatening to marry our girls’ Parents of abducted Kaduna students cry out
- Local Government workers block convoy of Nasarawa Deputy Governor
- Adaora Okoye: Unravelling myths surrounding women in leadership in Nigeria
- JUSUN sets April 19 for nationwide peaceful protest
- IGR for Nigerian states drops to a new low – NBS Report