Estimated Reading Time: <1
News Reports have it that Ivorian and Galatasary FC of Turkey Striker, Didier Drogba has acquired a five per cent stake in the country’s largest gold mining company.
The Big Ivorian reportedly paid a whopping $74 million to acquire part of the state’s holding in the company.
This sale is in line with government’s plan to offload 10 per cent of its stake to private investors. The football star had gotten encouragement from his country’s Government to purchase the shares.
President Alassane Ouattara has congratulated Didier for acquiring the stake which is up to half of the shares set aside for local private investors.
- Niger State civil servants threaten hunger strike over pay cut
- Lagos lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh dies from COVID-19 complications
- My house has never been searched by any security agency – Abdusalami Abubakar
- Buhari will on Friday sign the revised 2020 budget into law
- British High Commission to restart visa applications for Nigerians ready to travel to the UK
- Sokoto to construct flyovers with N10.2 billion
- Nigeria’s Vice President wants probe allegation he received N4bn from Ibrahim Magu
- A total of N281 billion has so far been released to the NDDC since 2016 – here’s why the senate declared open an investigation
- Attorney General, member Nasarawa state task force test positive for COVID-19
- Nigeria begin evacuation of another batch of citizens stranded in Europe