Estimated Reading Time: <1
News Reports have it that Ivorian and Galatasary FC of Turkey Striker, Didier Drogba has acquired a five per cent stake in the country’s largest gold mining company.
The Big Ivorian reportedly paid a whopping $74 million to acquire part of the state’s holding in the company.
This sale is in line with government’s plan to offload 10 per cent of its stake to private investors. The football star had gotten encouragement from his country’s Government to purchase the shares.
President Alassane Ouattara has congratulated Didier for acquiring the stake which is up to half of the shares set aside for local private investors.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis