Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Dutch AC Milan midfielder, Clarence Seedorf has retired from active football to take over in a managerial role at AC Milan
Former AC Milan manager, Allegri was sacked after Milan’s shock 4-3 defeat to Sassuolo on Sunday.
Seedorf has however confirmed that he is set to coach the Italian giants.
“I am here to announce that I will retire from playing after 22 years,” the 37-year-old told reporters in Brazil.
“It has been a difficult decision, but I am satisfied with what I have achieved in my career. Here at Botafogo I am happy because I leave a team who have qualified for the [Copa] Libertadores.
“I leave an improved club, especially in terms of their mentality and team spirit. Unfortunately, life as a footballer isn’t eternal.
“Milan? We will meet again. This experience of the last year and a half has made me grow up a lot and will help me in my next step, as coach of Milan, who have hired me in both an elegant and correct manner.
“I like challenges and coaching Milan will be another challenge in my career. I couldn’t say no to Milan after having spent 10 years there.
“The sacking of Allegri was crucial to my decision. The call from [Adriano] Galliani only came yesterday. I want to travel to Milan today. If I don’t make it, then I will travel tomorrow.
“I made the decision to join Milan today but last night was a difficult night for me. But I made the right choice. I’m very happy about the opportunity Milan have given me and I’m very motivated.
“I hope that Brazil can have a memorable World Cup and the national team can honour its colours. Thank you.”
Seedorf made more than 400 appearances or the San Siro outfit in his ten years with them.
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students
- Oyo Insecurity: Makinde, IGP to meet with Ibarapa community
- “For people stoking ethnic tension” – Olubadan calls for peace between Fulani and Yoruba residents