Estimated Reading Time: <1
Former Dutch AC Milan midfielder, Clarence Seedorf has retired from active football to take over in a managerial role at AC Milan
Former AC Milan manager, Allegri was sacked after Milan’s shock 4-3 defeat to Sassuolo on Sunday.
Seedorf has however confirmed that he is set to coach the Italian giants.
“I am here to announce that I will retire from playing after 22 years,” the 37-year-old told reporters in Brazil.
“It has been a difficult decision, but I am satisfied with what I have achieved in my career. Here at Botafogo I am happy because I leave a team who have qualified for the [Copa] Libertadores.
“I leave an improved club, especially in terms of their mentality and team spirit. Unfortunately, life as a footballer isn’t eternal.
“Milan? We will meet again. This experience of the last year and a half has made me grow up a lot and will help me in my next step, as coach of Milan, who have hired me in both an elegant and correct manner.
“I like challenges and coaching Milan will be another challenge in my career. I couldn’t say no to Milan after having spent 10 years there.
“The sacking of Allegri was crucial to my decision. The call from [Adriano] Galliani only came yesterday. I want to travel to Milan today. If I don’t make it, then I will travel tomorrow.
“I made the decision to join Milan today but last night was a difficult night for me. But I made the right choice. I’m very happy about the opportunity Milan have given me and I’m very motivated.
“I hope that Brazil can have a memorable World Cup and the national team can honour its colours. Thank you.”
Seedorf made more than 400 appearances or the San Siro outfit in his ten years with them.
- One dead as bandits attack police checkpoint in Taraba
- COVID-19: ‘Forcing people to be vaccinated is immoral’ Bishop Oyedepo says
- Nigerian Government drill boreholes in Buhari home state to avoid the spread of Covid-19
- Odua self-determination rally suffers setback as police surround venue in Ibadan
- Dogs to complement security arrangements in Katsina boarding schools
- Breaking: University of Ibadan releases 2020/2021 Post-UTME results
- Nigeria Medical Association denies ties with criminal bandits of Zamfara
- Peru’s former president, Martin Vizcarra, banned from holding public office
- Was Nigeria’s finance minister ignorant? or lying? – CBN Governor Emefiele says Printing money is a cardinal job of the lenders
- Helen McCrory, star of Peaky Blinders, dies aged 52