Estimated Reading Time: <1
NATIONAL YOUTH COUNCIL OF NIGERIA (NYCN)
ABBA MORO MUST GO NOW!!
We welcome you all to this press conference by the National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN), the umbrella body for all Nigerian youth home and abroad saddled with the responsibility to protect the interest of Nigerian Youth at all level.
Ladies and gentle men today’s press conference is to show solidarity to the unemployed in our great nation Nigeria, without any doubt the current administration of President Goodluck Jonathan through his transformation agenda is actually trying to reduce the over long unemployment queue but not complimented rather frustrated by some serving minister especially Mr. Abba Moro the Minister of Interior, it is disheartening that the only thing this could do is to impoverish the unemployed youth the more by asking the jobless applicants to pay One Thousand Naira (#1,000) each for employment form in the recruitment exercise in Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS).
A situation that was condemned by many well meaning Nigerians to the extent that the National Assembly after a two day public hearing on job racketeering in public service did not only found the Ministry of Interior wanting also decried the flagrant contravention of public service rules and subsequently asked the Minister to refund the money paid by each applicants back to them and up till now this man has not refund the money to the applicants which is another flagrant disregard to our National Assembly, therefore we are calling on well meaning Nigerians, the unemployed Nigerians and Nigerian youths to mobilize enmass for a peaceful protest at the national Assembly on Thursday 23rd January to demand for immediate sack of Mr. Abba Moro the minister of Interior.
Ladies and gentle men it is very important we contribute our best to the transformation of our nation at all level as Mr. President alone can not do it!
Thanks and God bless you all.
National President, NYCN
- Primary school teachers in Bayelsa threaten strike
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu has died
- State Capture: Nigeria’s political parties and their associates are malicious – Cheta Nwanze
- Nigeria earned N1.53Trillion from VAT In 2020 – NBS report
- Breaking: Nigerian telecommunication networks block access to Peoples Gazette Website
- Femi Adesina says Buhari felt it was the best time to rejig the security system in the country
- In Bauchi, Hisbah ‘Police’ arrests ‘Organizers’ of sex party
- Cross River Government renews commitment to eliminate malaria
- Herdsmen destroyed maize farm worth over N6.6Million – Ekiti farmers
- Opinion: Buhari’s new service Chiefs are new spokes in an old wheel