Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Hadiza Saidu
The award seasons for 2014 kicked off with the NBC’s 71st Annual Golden Globes Awards. Once again red carpet veteran and favourite Cate Blanchett who has never failed to nail it in recent times showed us why she is one of the best dressed women of 2013, there were lots of hits and a few misses here and there but over all it was a good night for fashion. Even the men were not left out as they mostly looked sharp in their formal attire and my favourite of the night was Matthew McCounaghey, he was tipped to win big and definitely didn’t want to be caught looking shabby while at it. And of course he won big!
The most memorable fashion moment of the night was when Kenyan descent actress Lupita Nyong’o stepped on the red carpet. Jaws everywhere dropped and I literally held my breath as I watched her grace the carpet from my television screen. She looked exquisite and completely stole the red carpet show in Ralph Lauren red cape dress and minimal accessories. Lupita who was nominated in the performance by an actress in a supporting role for her work in 12 years a slave didn’t win the coveted award but she sure won the hearts of fashion lovers everywhere in this look reminiscent of Gwyneth Paltrow 2012 Oscar awards cape and gown look by Tom Ford
The style worn by Lupita Nyong’o is a red silk candy cape dress from the 2014 spring runway that easily makes her the best dressed. Its awards season and Lupita has been consistently killing it on the pre season red carpets rounds and ’12 years a slave’ premieres. It is fitting to say we have found our new ‘it’ girl. She was recently announced as the face of Miu Miu spring 2014 advertising campaign and we saw her on W magazine cover for this month . Let’s take a look at previous carpet looks prior to her major red carpet appearance.
I cant wait to see what and who she’ll be wearing at the Oscar Academy Awards in March.
- Presidency defends Pantami, says he’s the victim of a ‘cancel campaign’
- Instagram Comedian and Influencer, Pankeeroy arrested for Bitcoin fraud
- Popular Yoruba Actor, Baba Ijesha arrested for allegedly raping 14 year old
- Oyo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja to cost N1.2 Billion
- Allegations against Pantami are not a big deal – Arewa group
- We have strengthened security at the borders to prevent infiltration from Chad – Defence Minister
- COVID-19: Lagos concludes administration of vaccine first dose
- 8 AK-47 rifles stolen from soldiers in Benue have been recovered -Governor Ortom
- Judiciary workers in Lagos announce partial resumption
- Gunmen kidnap 18 persons in Ibarapa, Oyo State