Estimated Reading Time: <1
Prince Adedayo Adeyeye, a Peoples Democratic Party governorship aspirant in Ekiti State, on Sunday said the party would win convincingly in the forth-coming gubernatorial election in the State.
Adeyeye told the News Agency of Nigeria in Ibadan that the party would win the election because it was the only alternative that could save the state from maladministration.
He said that the present administration in the state had failed and disappointed the people by spending so much on the purchase of four bullet-proof cars.
“It is a pity that huge amount which is enough to give over a 1,000 people scholarship, could be invested into unwarranted project. I wonder who is chasing him,” he said.
Similarly, Chief Makanju Ogundipe, the Ekiti State PDP Chairman corroborated Adeyeye’s views, adding that the party would win the next election in the state.
Ogundipe said that the party would do everything within the law to win the election, adding that the party was the best alternative to the All Progressive Congress administration in the state.
“We are winning the election by the grace of God. We have the strategies and potential to win,” he said.
He said that there would be no crisis in the party after the selection of the party’s candidate through the primaries, adding that the President had intervened and there were rules and regulations now.
Ogundipe congratulated the aspirants for comporting themselves and showing that they were viable potential that could offer better governance in the state.
- NLC suspends week long strike in Cross River
- NNPC appoints, redeploys top management Staff
- 632 candidates fail Law School bar final exams
- President Buhari is an ‘accidental president’ ‘ – Fasyose
- Ondo Deputy governor asks Akeredolu to hand over government, gives 21 day ultimatum
- Kanye West announces US presidential bid
- Rumours about Ebenezer Obey’s death are wicked and unfounded – Son
- People living with disabilities will be priotised in N-Power – FG
- Kano government to establish state anti-corruption institute
- Court of Appeal affirms Yahaya Bello as Governor of Kogi State – dismisses appeal of the PDP for lacking in merit