Estimated Reading Time: <1
They made some pronouncements about the COSON Vs BON/IBAN Controversy on Page 55 of The Guardian Newspaper for Thursday, January 9, 2013.
According to the pronouncements:
BON & IBAN recognize that they are to pay artistes royalties,
so they are obliged to keep adequate logs of all musical works broadcast by them and make sure they are made available upon request by relevant authorities
All payments of musical copyright royalties shall be made to COSON
90 days after the issuance of these pronouncements, the committee set up above will conclude its assignment and the tariff they agree on will be binding on all.
To ensure a conducive atmosphere for this committee to do a good job, the ban on Nigerian artistes should be suspended.
NBC will monitor compliance to the agreements reached as contained in these pronouncements.
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami