Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Niger State Governor, Dr Babangida Aliyu has said highly placed individuals in the state, including the opposition are plotting to destabilize the state.
The Governor, who doubles as the chairman of the Northern States Governors’ Forum, NSGF, added that notable figures were using the recent ban on the operations of commercial motorcycles popularly known as Okada to actualise their plans in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Danladi Ndayebo.
According to the statement, a protest is being organized by a group of key figures in the state. “It is astounded at how petty some disgruntled politicians can sink by employing tricks to create the impression that things are not working.”
The statement however, condemns what it termed ‘chip blackmail’ used by the politicians who have lost out of the power game and are clutching at anything, including mere straws to remain relevant.
The governor noted that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, government in the state acted responsibly and in the overriding interest of the public in banning the operation of commercial motorcyclists, adding that his administration would not repeal the law banning Okada in the state capital.
He said he was convinced that the advantages of the newly introduced tricycles far outweighed those of Okada, pointing out that no responsible government would sit and watch its citizens die in avoidable road crashes involving commercial motorcyclists.
- Breaking: Edo state govt reviews 24-hour curfew earlier imposed on the state
- US Govt wants the prosecution of all those involved in killings of #EndSARS protesters
- “We have received information alleging crimes” – ICC on #EndSARS protests in Nigeria
- We give you 24 hours to return the staff of office of the Oba of Lagos OR…… – Lagos ruling house declares
- Breaking: Finally, Buhari to address Nigerians after #LekkiMassacre and #EndSARS
- The Nigerian army says videos of Lekki tollgate shooting are photoshopped and fake
- NSA says Buhari is to provide a solution to nationwide crisis
- It was a system glitch – Instagram apologizes for censoring #EndSARS posts
- Just In: Attempted Jailbreak foiled at Ikoyi Prison
- #EndSARS: Open Letter to VP Osinbajo; It’s time to realise the emperor has no clothes