Estimated Reading Time: <1
Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Raji Fashola has been named among the 100 Top Global Thinkers for 2013 by a global personality assessment organization, Lo Spazio della Politica (LSDP). Adefunke Ekine, Fellow, Echidna Global Scholars, Nigeria is also on the list.
The organisation responsible for “The LSDP Top 100 Global Thinkers of 2013”, said it listed Governor Fashola because he made Lagos an African hub of innovation, launching the Lagos Innovation Advisory Council, with the help of the Harvard Kennedy School.
Some of the other global personalities in the list are Pope Francis, Japanese Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe and Mayor of Warsaw, Poland, Hanna Gronkiewicz-waltz.
The lists emphasises mostly political leaders, scientists, businessmen, academics and intellectuals even as it tries to balance the geographical representation between Europe, the United States, Africa and other continents, the balance varies on yearly basis.
- We ignored calls for Pantami’s resignation at the FEC meeting – Lai Mohammed
- 23 year-old comedienne, Ada Jesus is dead
- Senate approves fresh $1.5billions, €995millions loans for Federal, State Governments
- Just In: “They attacked the community and burnt their food stores” – Bandits are currently attacking villages in Zamfara State
- Breaking: House of reps minority leader calls for Isa Pantami’s sack
- Retail giant, Amazon, to set up South African headquarters – 5,239 jobs will be created in the construction phase alone
- IGP withdraws senior police officers from EFCC
- Nigerian Government expresses concern over developments in Chad
- Update: Police confirm attack on Greenfield University Kaduna
- BudgIT demands COVID-19 fund accountability