Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bertrand, welcome to Chelsea. How happy were you with our trial period during the summer?
‘I was very happy. It was a good experience with all the senior players and I learned a lot from them. I was very proud, so it was a dream for me to be there every day and playing games. Of course I was a little bit nervous but after two or three days I was okay.’
Did you feel at home in training?
‘On the pitch I was comfortable, I wasn’t nervous once I was on the pitch. Jose Mourinho spoke a lot during training and he is one of the best managers, maybe the best in the world. He is a very good person and it is a dream for me to work with him. I can now say I am living a dream.’
Did the squad make you sing an initiation song?
‘Yes, I sang a French song, in French!’
How would you describe your style of play?
‘I’m an attacking midfielder. I can play in the number 10 position, I can play on the wings and I’m good on the ball. I can shoot well and am strong in a one v one situation, so I can score goals.’
Who are your influences as a player?
‘My favourite players are Juan Mata, Mesut Ozil and Eden Hazard. They’re very good players and I am trying to be like them. At Chelsea I look to follow the way of some African legends like Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and now Samuel Eto’o.’
You’re still young but you’re a full international…
‘Yes, I played for my country, with my brother, Alain, who plays in the same position. He is the person I followed to be a footballer. I played in the African Cup of Nations which was a good experience, and now I’m not scared of big games. I feel very comfortable.’
- “They are criminals” – Governor Seyi Makinde wants police to arrest those stoking ethnic tension
- CBN warns that revised cheque book becomes fully operational April 1
- DJ Khaled to host MTV Africa Music Awards Kampala 2021
- 600 Nigerians stranded in Saudi Arabia will be brought home soon – Abike Dabiri-Erewa
- Just In: University workers begin indefinite strike February 5
- Vice President Osinbajo raises alarm over increasing number of confirmed COVID-19 cases
- After a 2 year break, singer-songwriter DavidB, is back with ‘These Crazy Times’
- Chief Sunday Igboho insists Fulani herdsmen must leave Yoruba Land
- Don Jazzy unveils new 18-year-old female artiste
- Insecurity: Nasarawa State turns to President Buhari for help