Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bertrand, welcome to Chelsea. How happy were you with our trial period during the summer?
‘I was very happy. It was a good experience with all the senior players and I learned a lot from them. I was very proud, so it was a dream for me to be there every day and playing games. Of course I was a little bit nervous but after two or three days I was okay.’
Did you feel at home in training?
‘On the pitch I was comfortable, I wasn’t nervous once I was on the pitch. Jose Mourinho spoke a lot during training and he is one of the best managers, maybe the best in the world. He is a very good person and it is a dream for me to work with him. I can now say I am living a dream.’
Did the squad make you sing an initiation song?
‘Yes, I sang a French song, in French!’
How would you describe your style of play?
‘I’m an attacking midfielder. I can play in the number 10 position, I can play on the wings and I’m good on the ball. I can shoot well and am strong in a one v one situation, so I can score goals.’
Who are your influences as a player?
‘My favourite players are Juan Mata, Mesut Ozil and Eden Hazard. They’re very good players and I am trying to be like them. At Chelsea I look to follow the way of some African legends like Didier Drogba, Michael Essien and now Samuel Eto’o.’
You’re still young but you’re a full international…
‘Yes, I played for my country, with my brother, Alain, who plays in the same position. He is the person I followed to be a footballer. I played in the African Cup of Nations which was a good experience, and now I’m not scared of big games. I feel very comfortable.’
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami