Estimated Reading Time: <1
The centre-back suffered the injury in his side’s 0-1 loss to Sunderland on Boxing Day,.
“With this soft tissue injury it could be up to four weeks, but knowing Jags he will be back earlier,” said Toffees manager Roberto Martinez.
“It is just the accumulation of games and the demands of this month – November into December is high-risk in terms of injuries to the players.
“When you have the number of games we play, it is understandable.”
Everton is five points behind Premier League leaders, Arsenal by five points. Everton’s next match is against Stoke City on New year Day
- 80-year-old, ward head and three others killed in bandits attack in Kaduna
- Bandits kidnap 17 persons in three communities in Niger State
- In Katsina, 21-year-old labourer, Abubakar Sani, dragged to court over alleged homosexual (rape) of an eight-year-old boy
- COVID-19: We have capacity to test 600 people daily – Governor Obaseki
- The Nigerian Government is selling properties to fund the 2021 budget – what happens after ?
- 2023: Fayemi is the most qualified presidential candidate from South-West – APC spokesperson declares
- Just In: FG says it is mandatory for foreign diplomats to obtain the National Identity Numbers
- Breaking: Ex-finance minister, Jubril Martins-Kuye is dead
- We will continue to demand the unconditional release of El-Zakzaky – IMN
- We are short of cooling facilities to store expected Covid-19 vaccines – Nigerian Institute of Medical Research