Estimated Reading Time: <1
The centre-back suffered the injury in his side’s 0-1 loss to Sunderland on Boxing Day,.
“With this soft tissue injury it could be up to four weeks, but knowing Jags he will be back earlier,” said Toffees manager Roberto Martinez.
“It is just the accumulation of games and the demands of this month – November into December is high-risk in terms of injuries to the players.
“When you have the number of games we play, it is understandable.”
Everton is five points behind Premier League leaders, Arsenal by five points. Everton’s next match is against Stoke City on New year Day
- NASS legislative aides protest unpaid salary arrears
- Nigeria – An increasing number of measles cases in Borno
- Mariam Ileyemi: Fresh wave of religious crisis shouldn’t add to Nigeria’s many problems
- Police commend officers for rejecting N500,000 bribe
- Opinion: Yinka Odumakin, the storm is over!
- “Someone said I slept with the wife of the man who helped my career”, – Perruzi breaks silence
- USSD SAGA: Will the suffering of Nigerians ever end?
- CCT’s media officer who wrote the ‘Biafran Boys’ statement has been recalled
- New salary and welfare package for Judges in the works – Malami
- ‘Kaduna Government has no choice but to reduce the size of the public service’ – El Rufai