Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Nigerian Army Friday announced new postings of its senior officers in a statement signed by Army Spokesman, Brig. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru.
Major General John Nwaoga, has been named as the new General Officer Commanding 3 Division while Major General Mohammed Idris, is now the Commandant, Nigerian Defence Academy, the statement reads.
Major General Chris Olukolade retains his post as Director, Defence Information.
“As part of routine posting of senior officers in the Nigerian Army, the Army Headquarters has released the fourth quarter posting and appointment of its senior officers. “Some of the affected senior officers include; Major General John Kwabe, now Chief of Logistics, Defence Headquarters, Major General Ugo Buzugbe, Commander, Nigerian Army Armoured Corps, Major General Ebiobowei Awala, Military Secretary (Army), Major General Olufemi Adeosun, Director, Policy Defence, Headquarters.”
Others listed in the statement include: Major General Sunday Adebayo, Commander, Nigerian Army Education Corps, Major General Mobolaji Koleoso, Director, Armed Forces Simulation Centre, Major General Letam Wiwa, Director, Military Intelligence.
Major General Patrick Akem, was named Director, Legal Service (Army), while Major General Charley Okoro, takes over command as Director, Peace Keeping Operations, Defence Headquarters.
Other affected officers are: Major General Obidah Ethan, Chief of Civil Military Affairs, Major General Junaid Bindawa, General Officer Commanding 7 Division, Major General Modibbo Alkali, Commandant, Nigerian Army School of Artillery.
Major General Shehu Yusuf takes charge as Commandant, Depot, Nigerian Army, and Major General Ahmed Mohammed takes over as Commander, Nigerian Army Training Centre.
Major General Iliyasu Abbah, Commander, Joint Task Force (Operation Pulo Shield), Brigadier General Arinze Ebenebe, Commandant, Warrant Officers Academy, Brigadier General Ebenezer Ogundana, Director of Army Reserve Recruitment and Resettlement.
Other postings include that of Brigadier General Kasimu Abdulkarim, Director of Physical Training, Brigadier General Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Commander, Multi-National Joint Task Force, Brigadier General Ibe Nicholas, Commander, 23 Brigade.
Brigadier General Ohifeme Ejemai, Commander, 9 Brigade, Brigadier General Bright Fibionumama, Commander, 3 Brigade, Brigadier General Ibrahim Attahiru, Commander, 13 Brigade, Brigadier General Mustapha Onoyiveta, Head, Nigerian Army Operations Monitoring Team, Brigadier General Lanre Bello, Commander, 34 Brigade and Brigadier General Olajide Laleye, Director, Army Public Relations among others
- ‘A missed opportunity for Nigeria’ – Nigerians reacts as Twitter announce Ghana its African Headquarters
- Breaking: Sultan confirms Ramadan begins Tuesday
- Attacks on Umuogudu Akpu-Ngbo community in Ebonyi not carried out by Herdsmen – State Gov’t
- Nigerian Govt raise alarm over planned attacks on airports across the country
- Former President Jonathan advocates for political positions to be secured through the ballot & not the court
- ‘You are our leader’ Fayose apologises to Governor Seyi Makinde
- ‘We will resume strike if our demands are not met in 4 weeks’ – Doctors warn
- Twitter sets shop in Africa, Skips Nigeria for Ghana
- Just In: Gunmen attack Ebonyi community
- Lectures against Boko Haram endangered my life – Pantami