Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) and the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) in two separate interviews with Saturday Vanguard is asking Nigeria’s President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to explain why he has not taken action over political killings which he (Jonathan) said were the order of the day when Obasanjo was President of the country. The groups also insisted that come 2015, Nigeria’s President must come from the North.
In Jonathan’s reply to Obasanjo’s 18-page open letter, he pointed out that all the political killings since the Fourth Republic began, took place at the time Obasanjo was President while none had taken place since he (Jonathan) became President about three years ago.
The Secretary General of NEF, Prof Ango Abdullahi, in an interview with Saturday Vanguard confirmed that the North had made its position on the 2015 presidency known to President Jonathan’s emissaries, who had attempted to recruit some of their key stakeholders for the next poll.
Reacting to President Jonathan’s allegation on political killings before he came into office, the National Publicity Secretary of ACF, Mr Anthony Sani, said,
‘’If you consider the submissions by Mr President,whose place in the order of things, is to provide order and direction to the nation… I wonder if he needs ACF to ask him to take necessary actions that are within his mandate.
’’I have made it clear that what the former president wrote to his place-holder, President Jonathan, except perhaps the issues of training and arming snipers against political opponents-was common place knowledge. The same with the issues raised by President Jonathan.
- COVID-19 lockdown: Over 24,000 children have not returned to school – Sanwo-Olu
- Tambuwal appoints committee to investigate Sokoto central market fire
- Anambra Governorship election to hold November 6 – INEC
- Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo flags off N5,000 cash transfer to low-income earners in urban areas
- Arewa Youth Leader says Northern Nigeria is the most backward region despite having the president
- Borno Governor asks Federal Character Commission for more employment slots
- Buhari appoints Nigeria’s first female ambassador to the United States
- Motorcycle riders are working as spies for kidnappers – Amotekun says
- Where will herdsmen graze if they leave the forest reserves? – Miiyetti Allah queries Akeredolu’s vacation order
- Kukah gets international recognition with appointment by Pope Francis