Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Courtney Subramanian
National Security Administration leaker Edward Snowden warned of the dangers of government surveillance in a Christmas message broadcast Wednesday in the United Kingdom.
Britain’s Channel 4 News featured Snowden, who leaked classified documents revealing details of the U.S. surveillance mechanism, in its annual “alternative Christmas message.” The outlet has featured high-profile figures who have influenced the year’s news since 1993. Past guests include former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as well as Sharon Osbourne.
“Great Britain’s George Orwell warned us of the danger of this kind of information. The types of collection in the book — microphones and video cameras, TVs that watch us — are nothing compared to what we have available today,” Snowden said during the broadcast. “We have sensors in our pockets that track us everywhere we go.”
- Femi Adesina says Nigerians who fail to pray are guilty of prolonging the war against insecurity
- COVID-19: UK to close all travel corridors
- NAFDAC warns against the circulation of fake coronavirus vaccines
- The Kwara women who built community school with their personal funds have been refunded
- NIMC lists 50 NIN enrolment centres in Lagos, Abuja
- CAC declares companies inactive for failing to file annual returns
- Buhari should change service chiefs and consider new strategies to tackle insecurity – Wike
- Nigeria’s inflation rises to 15.75%, highest since 2017
- Lagos State Government to close Apapa Dock for railway project
- Kaduna State government rescues 160 Almajiri children