Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers believes his player, Luis Suarez can better Andy Cole’s record for most Premier League goals in a season.
Suarez, has scored 19 goals this term – 15 less than Cole’s tally for the 1993/4 campaign.
Andy Cole jointly holds the record with Alan Shearer
Rodgers spoke to LFC TV:
“He [Suarez] looks like he can score a hat-trick in every game, doesn’t he? He can do, because he has got that quality. He will certainly push [the record] close.
“You can put him in that bracket of world class. I think one or two of his off-field antics have maybe detracted from his performance level, but you see a different man now.
“He is mature. You see he is happy, confident and at peace with everything in his life on and off the field. Luis is just a brilliant player, a joy to work with. He gives me everything, every day of his life.”
- Nyesom Wike has donated N500 million to Sokoto to support the rebuilding of central market
- Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders insists herdsmen are peaceful
- Afenifere says Buhari government represents only Fulani interests
- Fulanis should stay, Akeredolu has no power to deny them the right to live in Ondo – Northern Elders Forum
- Joe Biden has been sworn in as the 46th president of the United States
- FEC approves 65 years as new retirement age for teachers
- President Buhari presides over first FEC meeting of 2021
- Teachers violating COVID-19 guidelines in Abuja will be arrested and Prosecuted – Task Force
- ‘Have a good life, see you soon’ Trump says as he bows out of White House
- LAUTECH: Oyo Government approves N8Billion payment to Osun Government