Estimated Reading Time: <1
Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers believes his player, Luis Suarez can better Andy Cole’s record for most Premier League goals in a season.
Suarez, has scored 19 goals this term – 15 less than Cole’s tally for the 1993/4 campaign.
Andy Cole jointly holds the record with Alan Shearer
Rodgers spoke to LFC TV:
“He [Suarez] looks like he can score a hat-trick in every game, doesn’t he? He can do, because he has got that quality. He will certainly push [the record] close.
“You can put him in that bracket of world class. I think one or two of his off-field antics have maybe detracted from his performance level, but you see a different man now.
“He is mature. You see he is happy, confident and at peace with everything in his life on and off the field. Luis is just a brilliant player, a joy to work with. He gives me everything, every day of his life.”
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer