Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kakadu the award winning musical returns this December as a command performance at the behest of Lagos Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, and on popular demand.
“Kakadu the Musical” celebrates Kakadu, the famous night-club in Yaba which had a brief and unforgettable life in pre-civil war Lagos, and has become one of the greatest legends among all the multitude of nightspots in the famed city by the lagoon. The Nigerian civil war remains one of the worst in history, and indeed marked a turning point for Nigeria. Kakadu serves as a reminder to our leaders and warning to our youth on how best to build an African nation.
Kakadu was written by a Nigerian lawyer, Sir Uche Nwokedi SAN of the playhouse initiative.
For those of your who missed out on the premier of Kakadu in May 2013, and its performance at the 2013 Calabar Christmas festival last week, here is another chance to experience it live in theatre.
Date: Thursday 26th & Friday 27th December 2013
Venue: The Agip Recital, Muson Center, Lagos
- Investigation: Nigeria’s government is waging a never-ending war on public freedoms
- My son knows I am vehemently against his sexuality – Doyin Okupe reacts to his son’s sexuality
- Gani Adams support Akeredolu’s quit notice to herdsmen
- Court convicts 20-year-old for doctoring fake ‘Sex Tape’ of Imo Commissioner, Willie Amadi
- Yoruba people traditionally have what it takes to defend themselves against all enemy attacks – Alaafin writes open letter to Buhari
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO