Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kakadu the award winning musical returns this December as a command performance at the behest of Lagos Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, and on popular demand.
“Kakadu the Musical” celebrates Kakadu, the famous night-club in Yaba which had a brief and unforgettable life in pre-civil war Lagos, and has become one of the greatest legends among all the multitude of nightspots in the famed city by the lagoon. The Nigerian civil war remains one of the worst in history, and indeed marked a turning point for Nigeria. Kakadu serves as a reminder to our leaders and warning to our youth on how best to build an African nation.
Kakadu was written by a Nigerian lawyer, Sir Uche Nwokedi SAN of the playhouse initiative.
For those of your who missed out on the premier of Kakadu in May 2013, and its performance at the 2013 Calabar Christmas festival last week, here is another chance to experience it live in theatre.
Date: Thursday 26th & Friday 27th December 2013
Venue: The Agip Recital, Muson Center, Lagos
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer