Estimated Reading Time: <1
Kakadu the award winning musical returns this December as a command performance at the behest of Lagos Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN, and on popular demand.
“Kakadu the Musical” celebrates Kakadu, the famous night-club in Yaba which had a brief and unforgettable life in pre-civil war Lagos, and has become one of the greatest legends among all the multitude of nightspots in the famed city by the lagoon. The Nigerian civil war remains one of the worst in history, and indeed marked a turning point for Nigeria. Kakadu serves as a reminder to our leaders and warning to our youth on how best to build an African nation.
Kakadu was written by a Nigerian lawyer, Sir Uche Nwokedi SAN of the playhouse initiative.
For those of your who missed out on the premier of Kakadu in May 2013, and its performance at the 2013 Calabar Christmas festival last week, here is another chance to experience it live in theatre.
Date: Thursday 26th & Friday 27th December 2013
Venue: The Agip Recital, Muson Center, Lagos
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa