Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigeria reached the Round of 16 at USA 1994 and France 1998, but have since failed to go beyond the group stage in Korea-Japan 2002 and South Africa 2010.
Nigerian football officials have said they will not set a World Cup target for the team in Brazil so as not to put them under undue pressure.
But Keshi has now said he hopes to lead Nigeria to improve on these records by at least reaching the quarterfinal.
“I am looking out to get a very good squad for the World Cup and go beyond Nigeria’s record in the previous World Cups,” Keshi told Brila FM on Monday.
Nigeria are drawn in Group F along with Argentina, Bosnia-Herzogovina and Iran.
Keshi has proposed a pre-World Cup training camp in the United States of America from May 25.
African champions Nigeria have also picked a training base in Sao Paolo and are due to play a friendly on March 5 in Europe as part of the build-up to Brazil 2014.
- NLC vows to shut down Kaduna over workers sack
- President Buhari has departed Abuja for Paris, France
- “We now have in our midst bandits” – Ikpeazu says ban on Open grazing must be enforced
- Just In: Unknown Gunmen attack @PoliceNG police divisional Headquarters in Delta State
- “Nobody has monopoly of intolerance” – Aisha Yesufu says critics of Southern Governors are on expired drugs
- Statement on center for clinical care and clinical research
- “Perfect birthday gift for my daughter” – Super Eagles player, Wilfred Ndidi celebrates FA Cup title win
- SERAP Claims N4.1 billion budgeted for the National Assembly is missing
- INTERVIEW – Dami Duro to FEM: Analysing Davido’s 10 years of making smashing hits back to back
- Sunday Igboho threatens to disrupt the 2023 general elections in Southwest states