Estimated Reading Time: <1
A member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Chinedu Ogah, has called for the arrest and prosecution of the spokesman of the All Progressives Congress, Mr Lai Mohammed, for alleged unguarded statements.
Ogah, who is the Youth Leader of the party in Ebonyi, told newsmen in Abakaliki on Monday that Mohammed’s statements were inflammatory.
“The call for impeachment of the president and other inflammatory comments by the APC are capable of causing a breakdown of the law and order in the country.
“Since the assumption of office by Mohammed as the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, his comments against President Jonathan are capable of generating clashes in the country, especially between supporters of President Jonathan and supporters of APC.”
He alleged that the conduct of Mohammed portrayed him as an agent of those plotting to upturn Nigeria because they believed that power belonged to them alone.
“It is regrettable, unfortunate and painful that the National Publicity Secretary of APC, who is expected to sell the manifesto of the party to the masses, resorted to insulting and embarrassing the office of Mr President.
‘’We, the members of the PDP, decided to ignore his insults and embarrassment to the president but he should not take our silence as weakness.
“Nigeria has a president who believes in the doctrine of peaceful co-existence of all individuals irrespective of political affiliation,’’ he said.
According to him, Mr President is not a violent person and he is determined to ensure that peace continues to exist in all parts of the country.
‘’The president will not resort to any act capable of igniting crisis in the country irrespective of the insults by the APC National Publicity Secretary”, he stated.
Ogah urged security agencies to arrest and prosecute the APC spokesperson.
He also urged members of the National Assembly to ignore the call to impeach the president and concentrate on their legislative duties rather than waste their energy on frivolities being perpetrated by Mohammed.
The PDP youth leader commended President Jonathan for the reconstruction of the Enugu-Abakaliki express road which is nearing completion and the rehabilitation of the Abakaliki-Afikpo express road.
He reaffirmed the commitment of the PDP youths in the South East and South-South to his re-election bid in 2015.
Ogah said that no amount of blackmail, character assassination and propaganda would stop the support of the region for President Jonathan.
He urged the PDP Governors’ Forum to urgently commence grassroots mobilisation and support for the president.
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos
- Again, blackout in Nigeria as national electricity grid collapse
- Nigerian senate raises crude oil benchmark to $28 per barrel
- Updated: Nigeria will work to ensure Adesina’s re-election – Buhari
- National Assembly approves Buhari’s $28.2 billion loan
- #JUSTICE4UWA: Senators want stiffer penalties for rapists and more protection for the girl child
- Breaking: Court orders Orji Kalu’s release
- Police arrests suspect linked to the rape and murder of Ms Vera Uwa