Estimated Reading Time: <1
Pop artiste, Miley Cyrus was named best artist of 2013 by the cable TV network on Tuesday.
MTV said the singer dominated the music charts and the headlines with the release of her album “Bangerz,” her jaw-dropping performances at awards shows and her hosting stint on the television sketch show “Saturday Night Live.”
“She is the third artist to receive the distinction of being named MTV’s Best Artist of the Year with past honorees including Katy Perry (2012) and One Direction (2011),” MTV said in a statement announcing the results.
21 years old, Miley Cyrus was also ranked MTV.com top artist, based on fan visits to the site, and had the most watched video of 2013 with her live performance with singer Robin Thicke at the VMAs.
Hip-hop artists Macklemore and Ryan Lewis came in second on the MTV list of best artists for 2013, with Justin Timberlake, rapper Kanye West and British boy band One Direction rounding out the top five.
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle