Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Federal Federal Capital Territory Administration, workers have barricaded the entrance to the secretariat over unpaid allowances.
Hundreds of workers singing solidarity songs are calling on President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the minister whom they accuse of embezzling their allowances for 2015 campaign.
One of the workers who spoke to our reporter on condition of anonymity said ” We haven’t been paid our allowances for over six months now and we hear the minister has no plans of doing so”.
“We are calling on President Goodluck Jonathan to prevail on the matter by sacking Senator Bala Mohammed” She added.
The workers accuse the minister of not willing to pay their allowances as he has the money moved in for his 2015 campaign as Bauchi state Governor.
Some of the workers lamenting the situation they’ve had to suffer said they weren’t willing to work or resume at their various offices until the Presidency assures them of their entitlements.
Armed police officers have been deployed to the venue of the protest but the workers are insisting on the Ministers removal.
Another worker who spoke to our reporter also not willing to disclose his identity said ” Bala should be allowed to go and concentrate on his 2015 ambition but he shouldn’t be allowed to go away with what belongs to us”
“We have labored for this money and it’s ours, the festive season is around and public officials shouldn’t be allowed to treat us as nothing”.
The Newswirengr news crew will be following the story as it develops.
- Police say hoodlums loaded in a bus and taxi stormed the home of Sunday Igboho at 3 am
- Lagos State Government seals 10 properties in Ogudu GRA
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Abuja under siege by bandits, but DSS, army after agitators in south-east
- Babafemi Ojudu: The Sunday Igboho I Knew
- NECO announces new date for examinations
- Police parade Niger Republic citizens who supply arms to bandits in Katsina, Zamfara
- COVID-19: Federal Government releases N10Billion for local production of vaccines
- Government to shut down NYSC orientation camps that fail to comply with COVID-19 protocol
- Foreign Direct Investment fell in 2020 with Nigeria earning $2.6Billion
- Just In: Lagos Task Force allegedly kill pedestrian while chasing vehicle