Estimated Reading Time: <1
A group of professional working on the umbrella of Jonathan Shall lead Again, JOSLA, 2015 – 2019, has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to harken to the voice of reason by contesting the 2015 presidential election in the country.
The group which said its membership of professionals from all walks of life cuts across the 36 states of Nigeria at the inauguration of its new national officers in Abuja said the achievements of President Jonathan in different sectors of the economy qualified him for a resounding victory in 2015.
National Coordinator of JOSLA, Mr. Friday Suleiman Ojealaro affirmed that President Jonathan’s development strides impacted every sector of Nigeria economy and social life.
According to him, Jonathan had been able to make petroleum product available nationwide and stopped the perennial long queues at filling stations that persisted in the country for decades.
“This is due to the reforms he put in place in that sector. He also gave credit to the government for handling an alien security challenge, increasing Foreign Direct Investment FDI, establishing new frontiers in the non-oil trade volume and increasing the GDP of the nation, among several other factors.”
Ojelaro said with the feats so far recorded, it was the desire of JOSLA to “realign forces with other bodies and Nigeria in general to propose to President Jonathan to heed the call of his fatherland to contest the 2015 general elections.”
The group however frowned at what he described as “divisive propaganda employed by desperate politicians and their resort to subterfuge in their bid to wrestle power from President Jonathan. This attitude will help in the development and unity of Nigeria.”
JOSLA said it had resolved to enlighten and adequately inform the public of the real intent and program of President Jonathan administration emphasizing on its monumental strides in ameliorating the sufferings of the mass of Nigeria whom he readily identifies with.
It will be recalled that JOSLA came into existence in 2010 under the name “10 Million Youths Rally for Goodluck Jonathan/Namadi Sambo and was convened by Anthony Eromosele Irabor from Edo State.
Story read in Vanguard
- Breaking: Southeast governors announce own security outfit ‘Ebubeagu’
- #SaabGate: Joe Abah denies involvement in Alex Saab campaign
- Breaking: South-East governors meet in Imo on security
- Ramadan: Look out for crescent from Monday – Sultan
- Police rescue 15 abducted persons, 32 cows in Kaduna
- Police arrest 17 suspected cultists in Abuja
- SERAP says it is unfair to pay judges less, while Presidents and governors take home “huge salaries”
- Catholic Priest abducted in Imo
- Collective responsibility needed in fight against poverty — Okorocha
- INTERVIEW: I am excited people looked beyond the lip gloss to enjoy my content – Enioluwa Adeoluwa, 21-year-old Nigeria’s front-line Influencer