Estimated Reading Time: <1
Dr. Juniad Mohammed, has been arrested and detained by the Kano State Command of the State Security Service on Friday.
The Second Republic Member of the House of Representatives was said to have been picked up from his Kano residence at about 2:58pm.
Confirming his arrest and detention in custody in a telephone interview with PUNCH Newspaper Correspondent, Juniad said, “I have just been taken by officers of the SSS, we are on our way to their headquarters.”
PUNCH reports that Subsequent calls to his mobile telephone indicated that it was switched off.
Although no reason was given for his arrest, of the medical doctor turned politician, but reports indicates, the arrest of the former lawmaker was mostly likely connected to a recent media interview he granted.
“He was quoted as saying there would be bloodshed if President Jonathan contested the 2015 Presidential elections.” The report says.
- Former AGF, Abdullahi Ibrahim dies of COVID-19 complications
- COVID-19: Lagos state has started conversations with Pfizer for vaccines – Sanwo-Olu
- Former Senate President, Bukola Saraki express concern over the silence of “leaders” over tensions in Ondo and Oyo
- Chairman of Taraba State LGA, Hon. Salihu Dovo, has been killed by his abductors
- Nigerian Police vows action against those behind the recent violence and ethnic tension Oyo state
- Attahiru M. Jega: Restructuring in Nigeria: Why? How? When?
- It makes no sense for cows to roam the streets in 2021 – Adamu Garba of twitter declares
- Buhari’s government has been very disappointing – Former INEC Chairman, Atthairu Jega fumes
- Social Media for Activism: How a Nigerian Law school Student is using Twitter to raise awareness on misogynistic laws #everydayfeminism
- Come back with laptops, Ipad, smartphones for e-learning – UNICAL to returning students