Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Edo chapter of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday in Benin launched an empowerment package for widows in the state.
Mr Dan Orbih, the state Chairman of the party, said the programme was designed to cushion the effect of Edo government’s “harsh” policies on widows and the people.
He said the initiative became necessary because of the actions and decisions of some public officials.
The PDP chairman donated N50,000, in addion to N1 million already raised for the programme in the state.
The money was presented to the Oredo women leader of the party, Mrs. Pat West Erhabor, for disbursement to more than 50 widows who were present at the event.
Erhabor also collected N250,000 on behalf of Mrs Joy Ifijeh, the widow who was reprimanded for trading on walk way by the state governor.
Meanwhile, Mr. Henry Omoregie, the Director, Transformation Watch, a non-governmental organisation based in Port-Harcourt, has raised over N2 million for Ifijeh.
- Gunmen who invaded Abuja orphanage demand for N30 Million
- Governor Kayode Fayemi, says herdsmen were not asked to vacate Ondo State – blames the media
- Just In: Court orders Kaduna prison to release El-Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenat for COVID treatment
- Police investigate Apostle Suleman for allegedly sleeping with pastor’s wife & threatening his life
- PDP justifies Wike’s N500Million donation to Sokoto State
- The Choice and the science of deploying COVID-19 vaccines in Nigeria
- APC is a dying party, we have failed Nigerians – Solomon Dalung
- PDP calls on US President Joe Biden to sanction APC leaders
- Gunmen kidnap 11 people, including children from Abuja orphanage
- Fact Check: Rivers government did not order sudden shutdown of schools